Our Kitchen Committee brings together people who use or want to support the our community kitchen to work in two subcommittees. If you want to help please send an email to our priest, Fr. Tom here.
Here are some of the resources these Committees are developing:
- St. Cyprian’s Community Kitchen Committee Training Topics
- St. Cyprian’s Community Kitchen Operational Log & Checklist
- St. Cyprian’s Community Kitchen Committee Clean Up Tasks
Mission of our committees
- Kitchen Operations: composed of one representative from each group that uses the kitchen plus those form St. Cyprian’s who mange the kitchen. Key tasks include:
- Setting operating guidelines that ensure safe operation of the kitchen.
- Coordinating use of the kitchen and storage areas so we offer healthy food.
- Presenting food safety workshops and equipment training sessions for those using the kitchen.
- Scheduling quarterly work days bringing people together from all groups that use the kitchen to do deep cleaning.
- Kitchen Renovation: working to complete the transformation of our current facility into a Community Kitchen. Key tasks include:
- Advising on plans for new kitchen
- Assisting in raising funds for the renovations (+$100,00 estimated to complete current plan).
- Increasing use of the kitchen to feed hungry people and build community.
- Offering to the community cooking and good eating classes or workshops
On a monthly basis we will offer either a training session or clean up working session. If we are to keep costs for using the kitchen down, then each group that uses the kitchen must also help keep it clean and safe.
Each subcommittee or working group to meets on the third Tuesday of the month. The Kitchen Operations group meets at 6:30 p.m. and then and Kitchen Renovation meets at 7:30 p.m. We will begin on time and hold all meetings to one hour.
Part of our goal is to welcome our neighbors and colleagues to the process of creating a community kitchen here. Through sharing food and working together, we hope to build a sense of community among ourselves.