St. Cyprian’s Episcopal Church
2097 Turk Street @ Lyon
San Francisco, California 94115
415.567.1855 Mailbox #1
Worship with us
Sundays @ 9 a.m.
Spirit Village a child-centric & play-based
Sundays @ 10:10 a.m.
Communion & Music
Wednesdays @ 10:30 a.m.
Communion & Meditation with stories of Holy Women & Holy Men in the Chapel
- Historically black colleges challenged by economic hardships
- The Forgiveness Talks
- Looking neither back nor forward
- Welcome to A Time of Spiritual Searching & Renewal
- This is the Sunday when we bury the Alleluia
- Spring show: Souls of San Francisco - New Photographs by Garry Bowden
- Ash Wednesday Services Set For March 5
- Free Lunch For Seniors This Wednesday
- Wednesday we remember: Emily Malbone Morgan
- St. Mary’s Grant Will Support Sprit Village Expansion!
THE FORGIVENESS TALKS:
ON SIN & FORGIVENESS
"To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you," wrote theologian Louis B. Smedes in describing the radical power of forgiveness. We meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday to talk about sin and shame, two ideas pillars of some Christian churches - not ours but others. We follow Jesus the radical lover of people, the one who said judge not or you will be judged. The one who warned us of letting sin consume us - not ours, theirs. Simple supper precedes talk, evening prayers follow. Continues on Wednesday nights thru Wednesday of Holy Week (when we conclude with Tenebrae in place of evening prayers).
From now until Easter we will meet at 7 p.m. on Wednesday for a simple supper and continue with discussion based on Sister Joan Chittister's new book God's Tender Mercy: Reflections on Forgiveness before concluding with evening prayers. For more information please see our news page.
Dates & topics:
3/12, On Sin & Forgiveness;
3/19,The Audacity of Mercy;
3/26, Forgive Yourself;
4/2, Guilt & Conscience;
4/9, Forgive from Your Heart; and
4/16, Healing & Forgiveness.
When: 7 p.m. Wednesdays 3/12-4/16
Where St. Cyprian’s Episcopal Church, 2097 Turk Boulevard, San Francisco
Cost: Free will offering to defray cost of the meal:
Contact:: St. Cyrpain’s Interim Vicar The Rev, Thomas C. Jackson, firstname.lastname@example.org or 415.567.1855